Imagine you are stressed out but you are not finding the accurate method to eliminate it. What would you do in such a situation? Well, performing some significant yoga poses can help you to remove stress and calm you down.
1. Sun Salutation
Surya Namaskar or Sun salutation is a series of 12 yoga poses. Surya Namaskar is not only a perfect cardiovascular exercise but it also reduces stress and makes your mind peaceful. Let’s know how to perform a sun salutation
- Step 1. Pranamasana (Prayer pose)
- Step 2. Hastauttanasana (Raised arms pose)
- Step 3. Hastapadasana (Standing forward bend)
- Step 4. Ashwa Sanchalanasana (Equestrian pose)
- Step 5. Dandasana (Stick pose)
- Step 6. Ashtanga Namaskara (Salute with eight parts or points)
- Step 7. Bhujangasana (Cobra pose)
- Step 8. Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward facing dog pose
- Step 9. Ashwa Sanchalanasana (Equestrian pose)
- Step 10. Hastapadasana (Standing forward bend)
- Step 11. Hastauttanasana (Raised arms pose)
- Step 12. Tadasana (Mountain Pose)
2. Uttanasana (standing forward bend)
- To perform Uttanasana, stand in a tadasana or upright in the yoga mats laying on a clean place.
- After this, keep both your hands on your waist while taking the breath in.
- Now leaving your breath-out, bend the body from here at the waist and bend down.
- Keep in mind that keep your torso, that is, your upper part straight, just turn from here to the waist.
- Remove both your hands from the waist and try to touch the ground.
- Allow your head to hang in an independent position and not create any splash on your neck.
- Try connecting your head with your feet.
- Stay in this position for a few seconds to the best of your ability.
- Now get back to the Tadasana pose, while taking your breath in, keep your waist straight.
- Benefits of Uttanasana (standing forward bend)
- Help in reducing stress and anxiety. Make your mind calm and bring relaxation.
3. Vrikshasana (tree pose)
- Stand tall and keep you arms straight
- Twist your knee and put your right foot at your left thigh
- Make your left leg straight and maintain the balance
- Take a deep breath and lift your arms over the head from the side and join your palm in Namaste Position
- Stare straight in the front direction and a stable staring help in stable maintenance
- Make sure your spine is straight and the whole body should be stretched. Keep inhaling and exhaling. Make your body relax after every breath out
- With slow breathe out softly bring down your hands and softly release your legs.
- Benefits of Vrikshasana (Tree Pose)
- It helps in preventing sciatica
- This pose is beneficial in increasing concentration power
- It improves balance, opens your hips and makes your leg strong
- It helps maintain balance in your mind
4. Dandasana (staff pose)
- Sit on your yoga mat and make your leg straight and stretched in your front side
- Use your thigh muscle and twist both feet. Your heels must be straight and attached to the ground
- Load up the shoulder straight to the top of the hips. Keep your shoulder distant from the ears
- Breathe out to extend your spine
- Stay in this position for 5 to 6 deep breath and keep your leg remains active
- Benefits of Dandasana (staff pose)
- This pose brings flexibility in the body
- It will help you to improve your sitting posture
- It makes your spinal strong
5. Makarasana (crocodile pose)
- Lie on your stomach, chin, chest, and stomach are touching the ground.
- Make a distance between your legs equal to your yoga mat.
- Now lift your head and bring both hands to the cheek and make a cup shape.
- Slowly bring both feet up from the bottom towards your hips and then slowly move down.
- Repeat this at least 10 times
- Benefits of Makarasana
- It is beneficial for the knees.
- Increases blood circulation in the body.
- By practicing this, you can increase your lung capacity as well as prevent asthma.
- This is an excellent yoga practice for back pain. With its regular practice, you can get rid of back pain forever.
- It is very beneficial in removing tiredness.
- By practicing this asana, you can overcome depression to a great extent.
- This is the best yoga practice for the spine. Keeping the entire spinal cord healthy
6. Anuloma Viloma (Alternate Nostril breathing Pranayam)
- To start Anuloma Viloma Pranayam You need to simply on the floor. You can sit in vajrasana, Sukhasana and Siddhasana post as per your convenience.
- Anulom Vilom Yoga Pranayama always starts with the left pore of the nose.
- First of all, close the right pore of the nose with the help of the fingers of the hands and take a long breath from the left pore.
- After this, close the left hole, release the long breath from the right hole.
- Repeat this process for at least 10-15 minutes.
- While breathing, you have to focus your attention on the command cycle between the two eyes.
- Just keep taking long, long breaths and keep chanting Om mantra in your mind.
- This increases immunity. And problems like diabetes are over.
- This cures the problem of sinus and also gives relief to the problem of tonsils.
- It helps to keep you healthy if you perform Anuloma Vilom regularly in old age. By doing this, arthritis and joint pain are cured.
- Due to low body temperature in winter, there are problems like cold, but if this yoga is in winter then our body temperature is balanced.
- By doing Anuloma Viloma Pranayama, allergy, and all types of skin problems are eliminated.
- Lungs become stronger by doing Anuloma Viloma Pranayama regularly.