Pranayama is yogic breathing that helps in boosting health and immunity. Stress is the main reason that can damage your immune system. A stressed person has disturbed internal body machinery in which Cortisol releases through adrenal glands. Breathing techniques ( Pranayama) eliminate stress levels and combat uneasiness to improve the immune system. Here we will discuss three major Pranayama, their benefits, and the right way to do them.
Kapalbhati pranayama is defined as Forehead Shining. We will elaborate on the meaning of this Pranayama. Kapalbhati is the combination of two words “kappa” means forehead and “Bhati” means “shine, happiness”. While performing Kapalbhati Pranayama when you breathe out, toxins get evicted from your body that eventually improves the immune system.
Steps To Do Kapalbhati Pranayama
- Step 1: Sit on the floor comfortably with a straight spine. You can also sit on the lotus pose(Padmasana) as per your comfort.
- Step 2: Place your hands on the knees and keep them straight. The palms must face towards the sky and put your fingers on Gyan(Knowledge) Mudra.
- Step 3: shut your eyes and take a deep breath with force via both nostrils in order to fill your lungs with fresh oxygen.
- Step 4: After that powerfully via both nostrils dragging your navel.during the exhaling the pressure should put on your abdomen and then a sound will come as forceful exhaling. Every breathing out will help you to extrusion of toxins and physical ailment. Keep doing this for at least 5 to 10 minutes for better and fast results.
Benefits of Kapalbhati Pranayama:
- Help in curing kidney ailment, allergy, asthma, constipation, diabetes, sinusitis
- Help in curing dark circle around eyes
- Heal entire intestinal disorders
- Eliminate stress and anxiety
- Enhance blood circulation in entire body parts
2. Anuloma Viloma Pranayama (Alternate Nostril Breathing Technique)
Anuloma Viloma is one of the productive breathing techniques that boost overall body health and boost the immune system. Anuloma viloma can be described as a Rotating nostril breathing technique.
Steps to practice Anuloma Viloma Pranayama
- Step 1: Sit on the ground with a Yoga mat and keep your back straight. You can also sit on the Padmasana(lotus pose) or simply with folded legs.
- Step 2: Make your left hand straight and place it on your left knee. Make your palm face upward and keep your fingers on Ganaya (Knowledge) Mudra.
- Step 3: After that close your eyes. Now press your right nostril with the right thumb and block oxygen. Push your pointed finger in the middle of the eye to stay focused.
- Step 4: Breath out via the left nostril with slight pressure to give fresh air to the lungs.
- Step 5: Now press your left nostril via middle finger and leave your thumb from the right nostril. Breathe out via the right nostril and then breathe in with the right nostril with slight pressure.
- Step 6: Again press your right nostril with the right-hand thumb and breath out from left nostril and repeat the step 4.
Benefits of Anuloma Viloma Pranayama
- Improve focus and tolerance power
- Helps in treating blood pressure
- Eliminate stress
- Helps in curing complicated diseases such as Gastric problems, Blockages, Asthma, Varicose veins, Migraine, Acidity, Bronchitis,
- Diabetes, Arthritis, Snoring
3. Bhastrika Pranayama
Bhastrika is a Sanskrit word that means “bellows” and this word refers to the blacksmith. As bellows use fire likewise Bhastrika Pranayama rushes the airflow inside the body to generate heat at the bodily and delicate level that put fuel on the internal fire of body and mind. The regular practice of Bhastrika Pranayama helps in release nose and chest blockages.
Steps to perform Bhastrika Pranayama
- Step1: Exhale and inhale with full pressure via the nose without any pain.
- Step 2: Instantly inhale with the same pressure
- Step 3: Breath in and breath out frequently, completely, and deeply with energy within your muscle/. The stomach budges out at the time of breathing in whereas diaphragm goes down. The opposite will occur during breathing out.
- Step 4: The above activities should be raised to some extent. A firm nasal noise will come along with breathing. The whole process must be in control and periodic preserving momentum as per an individual’s capability.
Benefits of Bhastrika Pranayama:
- Give energy to the whole mind and body
- Excursion of additional phlegm from the lungs
- Bring oxygen to the blood that enhances the strength of all tissues and organs
- Make the stomach area strong and tone the body
- Making your mind peaceful and remove stress