18 Jul Dhanurasana (Bow Pose): How to do, Advantages and limitation!!!
When it comes to a weight loss program, Dhanurasana is the most effective yoga posture. The position looks like as a shape of a bow, therefore, it is known as Dhanurasana. It is great in reducing belly fat. No wonder, Yoga is the best way to bring a balance in your body both physically and mentally.
Let us discuss the yoga posture Bow pose and how it is beneficial to our health.
How to do?
- Lie on the ground on your stomach. Relax for a few seconds with long breathing. Bend your legs backward to catch your ankles. This makes your body in the shape of a bow. In this position, the whole weight of your body comes to the abdomen.
- Hold it for 20 to 30 seconds and then start exhaling and then continue to take a deep breath. Remember that during the final asana position, only the pelvic area and the abdomen touch the ground.
- Repeat the process just 4 to 5 times to get all the benefits of this Yoga position.
Let us now discuss the several numbers of benefits offered by Dhanurasana.
Benefits of Dhanurasana
You can get several numbers of benefits through Dhanurasana. If you practice this asana on a regular basis then you can get several health benefits. Have a look at the following:
- Improve the blood circulation to the spinal nerves
- The most effective way of reducing weight
- Helpful in improving the digestive system as well as appetite
- Offers elasticity to back
- Stronger back muscles
- Cures constipation
- Stimulate reproductive organs
- Improve the function of the pancreas
- Helpful in curing menstruation disorders
- Stimulates liver, pancreas, big intestine, and small intestine
- A great stress reliever
- Reliving back pain
- Improve posture
Beneficial in diabetes
- Cure respiratory disorders including Asthma
- Strengthens ankle, chest, groins and thighs and all abdominal organs
- Beneficial for Asthma
- Expand the chest, therefore, increased breathing capacity
- Helps in curing serious problems such as obesity, gastrointestinal problems
Those who are suffering from problems such as back pain, hernia, high blood pressure, headache, abdomen surgery, and migraine should not practice this yoga position. Other than this, pregnant women should not practice this yoga position.