On the healthy occasion of 3rd International Yoga Day – “I pledge to make yoga an integral part of my life”…
Modern century is a blessing in every aspect of life; but the shadows of disease, haste of imbalanced diet, frustration of work pressure, curse of insomnia and unhealthy lifestyle is creating a world of malady.
The cure to the affliction of malady is doubtlessly Yoga, which gives the joy of being one in mind, body & soul.
Vividly the yogic practices are imbibing personification of “physical strength, mental well-being, spiritual consciousness and soul awaken” practices.
Its sanctified roots find its connection to the land of India, and dates back to 3000 years of progressive evolution.
Inception of International Yoga Day:
Start of an era; after its glory is lost in ages of human greed & ignorance.
Long being predicted, long being said; about the man from east will revive the glory of lost ages, restructure the world of good against evils, & recreate the cultures of human advancement.
The Indian Prime Minister “Narendra Modi” in his first United Nation Speech proposed 21st June to be declared as “International Yoga Day”.
He gave a rational reason for proposing 21st June as the date of every year ~ 21 June, is the longest day of the year in Northern Hemisphere. Thus, it shares exceptional importance in different cultures, and many countries of the world.
The august assembly of “United Nations General Assembly” in its response declared unanimously 21st June as the International Yoga Day. On 11th December 2014 it was officially registered by UNGA.
Excerpt from Indian Prime Minister “Narendra Modi’s” Speech in UNGA:
Yoga is an invaluable gift of India’s ancient tradition. It embodies unity of mind and body; thought and action; restraint and fulfillment; harmony between man and nature; a holistic approach to health and well-being.
It is not about exercise but to discover the sense of oneness with you, the world and the nature. By changing our lifestyle and creating consciousness, it can help in wellbeing.
Let us work towards adopting an International Yoga Day.
Excerpt: Narendra Modi (Indian Prime Minister)
These sentences were to change the history forever; his words were to be drafted as the beginning of human’s quest for healthy life, amidst the darkness of ultra-materialism.
Declaration of International Yoga Day unanimously by UNGA is a giant step for mankind; it will mark the one world ~ one culture to promote goodness of body, mind & soul.
Yoga is a proven scientific process of dealing with the complex inner mechanism of human body. Thus, medical science will be immensely benefited with the global acceptance of Yoga; so is humanity.
Let’s Read Few Comments from Unknown Sources & Great Yogis on Yoga:
- Yoga is creating a harmonious relation between nature & mankind
- Yoga is the union of individual consciousness with Universal consiousness.
- Yoga connects brings awareness to live in present moment so we can create healthy future.
- Yoga postures, asanas, & ideologies are about finding self, accepting self, & discovering higher meaning of life
- Yoga was never a religion, is not a religious embodiment, and will never be one; but in nutshell it’s how we should lead our life
- Yoga has the infinite power to transcends age, glorify culture and unite the world
- Yoga is the blessings of Shiva, “the first Yogi” who taught Saptharishis the art of integrating “body, mind & soul” to oneness, for attainment of eternal bliss
- 5000 years old legacy, a priceless gift to mankind for rejoicing the nature’s philosophy of healthy life
These beautiful statements can be concluded from the essence of “Yoga as a journey of soul, for the mind, through the body”…
Notifications of 3rd International Yoga Day – 21 June 2017 Highlights:
- Ministry of Ayush is urging people to pledge for making “Yoga an integral part of life”
- On the celebration of 3rd International Yoga Day, 72 students & teachers (City Montessori School – Lucknow) from India will perform at United Nations Headquarters in New York
- Resolution adopted by the United Nations General Assembly for International Yoga Day
- Ministry of Ayush announced the day will be celebrated in 700 places in India
- 150 countries will participate in International Yoga Day celebration
- International Yoga Day will be celebrated in remarkable landmarks like ‘Eiffel Tower in Paris, the Trafalgar Square in London and the Central Gardens in New York”
- 42 Lakhs of people have already pledged with Ministry of Ayush, India to make yoga an integral part of their life
- Lucknow in India is the host of International Yoga Day celebrations. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will participate in the celebrations
Today let’s pledge to give our next generation a healthy life; let’s pledge to unite the world on health, and let’s pledge to be a yogi forever…