A Comprehensive Guide To Hatha Yoga Teacher Training – Benefits & Concepts
Hatha Yoga Meaning & its Conceptualization:Hatha Yoga derives its origin from two words “ha” and “tha”, Ha meaning sun and Tha signifying moon; therefore, Hatha yoga meaning is the transition of union or yoga practice that brings the union of pair of the opposite. Hatha yoga meaning from Sanskrit translation is forceful yoga, and reason that it requires a lot of physical power, effort, and energy. Hatha yoga is an emerging yoga trend that has gained momentum in the West, enjoying immense popularity there along with the existence of its varied concepts. According to Indian tradition, hatha yoga consists of higher octave yogic traditions forming one of the four main pillars of tantra yoga. Hatha yoga focuses primarily on asanas and pranayama. The aim of hatha yoga is to master the practice of yogic postures taking charge of one’s breathing technique. These hatha yoga fundamentals lead to the “opening of chakras, healing of inner imbalances, concentration of mind, strengthening of soul and finally energizing of nadis”.
Objectives of Hatha YogaThe Objectives of hatha yoga are mainly focused on the subtle strengthening of channels and dealing with the eight limbs of yoga.
- Sense of Withdrawal (Pratyahara)
- Concentration (Dharana)
- Dhyana (Meditation)
- Samadhi (Balance)
Benefits of Learning & Practicing Hatha Yoga:
- Weight Management: Hatha yoga is considered one of the best practices involving a plethora of physical efforts, resulting in weight loss. Thus, weight management of the body is performed and sustained, retaining good health.
- Relaxation: Hatha yoga has its focuses on the opening of channels and blockage in nadis. Thus, its incumbent for hatha yoga to provide stress relief, relaxation, and rejuvenation of the mind accompanied by detoxification of the human body’s internal mechanism.
- Channelizing of Energy: The aim of hatha yoga is to develop the systematic flow of energy, channelizing pranayama for activating our chakras and helping us to attain higher consciousness and enlightenment.
- Swiftness: This yoga enhances the body’s flexibility, simultaneously strengthening our joint bones.
- Strengthening of Body: Hatha yoga practice focuses on strengthening muscles, and improving balance and gait, coupled with overall muscle toning.
- Concentration: Hatha yoga has a profound impact on obtaining and sustaining mental peace, solace, and relaxation and one’s ability to focus single-mindedly.
- Circulation: It aids in increasing blood circulation, strengthening the circulatory system, and minimizing chances of cardio attacks.
- Feelings & Emotions: Hatha yoga aims to make us happy and jovial, mirthful, and frisky in life, entailing us to indulge in Life’s positivity like fun, frolic, and immense joy in casual occasions or ceremonies, leaving no chance of merriment whatsoever.
A Sneak-Peek into Yoga Nidra:
- Nidra yoga is sleepless sleep.
- It’s the state between awake & sound sleep.
- Yoga Nidra connects one’s conscious, sub-conscious & unconscious state of psyche.
- Beneficial for combating stress, mental ailments, depression, and weakness of the soul.
- Cools down or relaxes your body post hatha yoga session, bringing in a soothing effect to your body, after intense heat and release of energy.
- Makes one rest, experiencing a profound sleepless state.
- Real yogic form to bring harmony between body, mind, and spirit.
- The only way to obtain higher consciousness, transcending one’s soul to a higher plane.